Welcome to the new ALMA Helpdesk User Interface!
Issue affecting some proposals requiring the longest baseline configurations (C-8, C-9 and C-10) in Bands 7, 8, 9 or 10
An issue has been identified that affects Cycle 9 proposals containing Science Goals that require configurations C-8, C-9 or C-10 in Bands 7, 8, 9 or 10. Such proposals undergo a check on validation and/or submission to verify that a suitable in-band or band-to-band...
- The time estimate for an observation of a Solar System Object is higher using the defaults than when I enter the source's expected position. Why is this, and what can I do?
- How can I query the calibrator database that ALMA uses?
- How can I request Atacama Compact Array (ACA) observation time?
- If my project was not completed in the current cycle and transferred into the next cycle, what will its ranking be relative to the new proposals?
- What is a role or benefit of being a co-PI?
- Does the sensitivity calculator account for shadowing?
- Why is the OT prompting me for "advanced operations" credentials?
- Can I write out the coordinates of OT pointings e.g. to import into Simdata?
- For ACA observations, may I decline the Total Power observations in order to reduce the total time of my proposal?
- Should I use a mosaic or individual pointings to observe my target(s)?
- I've downloaded the ALMA Proposal Template (LaTeX format). How do I convert it to letter size?
- May I submit an identical proposal to more than one category, e.g. submitting a proposal on distant galaxies both to cosmology and to galaxy categories?
- What should I do if I have an issue with my proposal assessment?
- May I make changes to my project after the proposal review process?
- What is the meaning of the code of an ALMA proposal?
- How can I tell from the scripts provided as part of the Cycle 0 data products which version of CASA was used?
- How do I handle the visibility flagging issues potentially present in the ALMA datasets delivered to PIs up to November 2014?
- Why can't I specify that my source should be unresolved in the OT?
- How can I update the data repository copy of my CASA installation?
- How do I combine Cycle 1 and/or 2 MeasurementSets and Images with ones from other cycles (J2000 to ICRS relabeling)?
- Why can't I see ALMA Science Verification data in my search results?
- I have a reduced ALMA data product. Can I place that in the ALMA Archive?
- Can I get data for a calibrator even if the dataset they are in is not public?
- Where can I get additional information for my NA added value data products?
- What are the current QA2 requirements?
- How do I check the status of my CASA bug report/new feature request after it has been sent to the developers?
- How can I modify the PYTHONPATH in CASA?
- Where can I find the configuration files for CASA simulation?
- Interferometric Calibration and Imaging Regeneration
- What CASA version was used for QA2?
- I'm a little bit confused about Tsys as it is defined in the ALMA Sensitivity Calculator document. Could you please explain to me in greater detail how Tsys is calculated for ALMA?
- Do all my collaborators need to be registered in the ALMA Science Portal before proposal submission?
- May I submit scientifically similar proposals with different targets and PI's?
- Can I request monitoring observations with standalone ACA?
- Can I submit a DDT proposal for the current cycle when a proposal submission for the next cycle is open?
- What type of computer would one need to work with the ALMA data? Can you specify what RAM size and CPU power is needed as a user working with ALMA data?
- How do I arrange a visit to one of the ARCs?
- I have a professional affiliation with more than one ALMA region. How do I register so I can submit proposals with different affiliations?
- How can I get a full list of everything ALMA has observed?
- What does the stop sign or the "Observing Timed Out" state mean in the SnooPI Project Tracker?