Welcome to the ALMA Helpdesk
The ALMA Science helpdesk will be down for two days starting October 2, 13:00 UT.
ALMA Science Helpdesk Maintenance Oct 9 & 10
The ALMA Science helpdesk will be down for two days starting October 9, 13:00 UT. It will be back around Oct 11, 13:00UT. During this time users and staff will not have access to their tickets and will be unable to create new...
- Can I submit a ticket in Japanese?
- How do I retrieve my ALMA proposal from the archive after it has been submitted?
- How can I receive email notification of activity on my ALMA proposals?
- How do I determine the total observing time for my solar proposal?
- Does the feathering process for Solar observations differ from that for other observations?
- What do I do if I can't get the OT to work?
- Can I write out the coordinates of OT pointings e.g. to import into Simdata?
- What are the limits on observing multiple lines at edges of the IF or RF band (such as 12CO and 13CO2-1)?
- Why does the OT time estimate stop decreasing as I ask for progressively poorer sensitivity?
- Why does the OT total time estimate not scale linearly with the estimated "time on source"?
- I've downloaded the ALMA Proposal Template (LaTeX format). How do I convert it to letter size?
- May I submit an identical proposal to more than one category, e.g. submitting a proposal on distant galaxies both to cosmology and to galaxy categories?
- What should I do if I have an issue with my proposal assessment?
- May I make changes to my project after the proposal review process?
- What is the meaning of the code of an ALMA proposal?
- How can I tell from the scripts provided as part of the Cycle 0 data products which version of CASA was used?
- Are there significant differences between versions of CASA after CASA 3.3 that make them incompatible?
- How can I update the data repository copy of my CASA installation?
- Can I analyze single dish data using CASA?
- How do I combine Cycle 1 and/or 2 MeasurementSets and Images with ones from other cycles (J2000 to ICRS relabeling)?
- How can I improve the speed of my data download from the archive?
- Can I get data for a calibrator even if the dataset they are in is not public?
- I can't access the archive query interface at my ARC, how can I get my data?
- How can I solve this astroquery problem?
- What can I do with my NA added value data products?
- How can I analyze ACA and TP data and combine with 12-m data?
- How do I combine ALMA data from different cycles, manually and pipeline-calibrated data, and data calibrated with different versions of CASA?
- How do I combine multiple executions obtained with a single antenna configuration?
- What changes were made to the PSF beam fitting algorithm in CASA 6?
- What are some of the recommendations and best practices that I need to know if I am imaging very bright, resolved objects (e.g. planets)?
- Where can I find a listing of all the observed (or yet to be observed) sources/targets?
- May I submit scientifically similar proposals with different targets and PI's?
- What is the measured or expected bandpass stability?
- Are there policies specific to Large Programs?
- How should I indicate that the ALMA observations requested in my proposal have time constraints related to coordination with other observatories?
- What type of computer would one need to work with the ALMA data? Can you specify what RAM size and CPU power is needed as a user working with ALMA data?
- How do I arrange a visit to one of the ARCs?
- I have a professional affiliation with more than one ALMA region. How do I register so I can submit proposals with different affiliations?
- What is the "Choose ARC" entry on the registration page?
- Who answers my helpdesk ticket?