Welcome to the new ALMA Helpdesk User Interface!
Scheduled maintenance of the Supplemental Call proposal submission server
Users should note that the Supplemental Call proposal submission server will not be available for a few hours on September 27 because of scheduled maintenance. The precise downtimes will be noted on the Science Portal.
- I'm having problems setting up an observation of a line transition that is very close to the edge of a sideband. What should I do?
- What do the time estimates in the summary PDF page generated by the OT refer to and how are they calculated?
- How can I reduce my data rates for an observation (and reduce the size of my dataset)?
- How do I specify time constraints in my proposal?
- What should I include for the content of the Technical Justification and in what format should I submit it?
- I've downloaded the ALMA Proposal Template (LaTeX format). How do I convert it to letter size?
- May I submit an identical proposal to more than one category, e.g. submitting a proposal on distant galaxies both to cosmology and to galaxy categories?
- What should I do if I have an issue with my proposal assessment?
- May I make changes to my project after the proposal review process?
- What is the meaning of the code of an ALMA proposal?
- OT will not start due to a security exception
- What should I do if scriptForPI aborts at the importasdm step with error?
- Why do my data products not include all sources/spectral windows/channels for my project?
- On OSX, why is CASA crashing with references to packages that are installed externally to CASA?
- How do I handle the visibility flagging issues potentially present in the ALMA datasets delivered to PIs up to November 2014?
- How do I obtain a file of calibrated visibilities ("measurement set") for ALMA data?
- How does CASA calculate the visibility weights?
- How do the results of the CASA hanningsmooth task compare with the online Hanning smoothing done by the ALMA correlator?
- What should I do if scriptForPI breaks at scriptForImagingPrep step due to an error?
- Why does scriptForPI.py crash with NameError: name 'hif_restoredata' is not defined ?
- I can't seem to register in the Science Portal! What could be the problem?
- How do I track the observational progress of my project?
- Where can I see a list of projects or targets that were observed by ALMA on a given date?
- How can I receive email notification of activity on my ALMA proposals?
- How can I get a full list of everything ALMA has observed?