Welcome to the new ALMA Helpdesk User Interface!
Please use your email with your ALMA Science Portal password when logging in to view and submit tickets.
Cycle 7 observation suspention and the delay of the Cycle 8 proposal deadline-COVID-19
As stated on the ALMA Science Portal, Due to the COVID-19 outbreak that has spread to Chile, the ALMA Director has made the decision to suspend science operations with ALMA, effective immediately. The plan is to continue providing data processing,...
- In the OT, how do I setup an observation with 3 spectral windows in one sideband and 1 in the other.
- What is the procedure in sorting the Spectral Line Picker results by column?
- How do I see what the expected calibration overheads are for my proposal?
- What do I do if I try to print my proposal as a PDF and the output is garbled or incomplete?
- Should I put sources that require multiple tunings into different Science Goals?
- May I submit an identical proposal to more than one category, e.g. submitting a proposal on distant galaxies both to cosmology and to galaxy categories?
- To which category should I submit a proposal on distant galaxies: "cosmology/high-z" or "Galaxies/Nuclei"?
- What should I do if I have an issue with my proposal assessment?
- May I make changes to my project after the proposal review process?
- What is the meaning of the code of an ALMA proposal?
- Are there significant differences between versions of CASA after CASA 3.3 that make them incompatible?
- If my data were calibrated and imaged in CASA 3.3 and I want to redo it, are there resources to help?
- How can I update Cycle 0 absolute fluxes to the Butler-JPL-Horizons 2012 model standards?
- Should I be concerned about warning messages in the OT after validation of my scheduling blocks?
- The OT instantly fails to startup (commonly EA-ARC issue, with 32-bit JAVA)
- Where can I find the ALMA Science Verification targets and observing parameters?
- Where can I see a list of projects or targets that were observed by ALMA on a given date?
- How can I download the result of a query?
- How can I see the observation date, the QA0 status, the frequency resolution, the PI name, the largest angular scale, the sensitivity or the QA status of an observation?
- I heard that TP images generated with CASA<5.7/6.1 are affected by an issue with the task (t)sdimaging. How should I deal with it?
- How can I calculate the spectral coverage of my SPWs in different frequency reference frames?
- How do I specify antenna locations in simobserve?
- Where can I find data reduction tutorials and recipes using CASA?
- How do I combine ALMA data from different cycles, manually and pipeline-calibrated data, and data calibrated with different versions of CASA?
- How do I combine multiple executions obtained with a single antenna configuration?
- Where can I get information (documents) about Atacama Compact Array (ACA)?
- What is the Atacama Compact Array (ACA)?
- Why do my data products not include all sources/spectral windows/channels for my project?
- Can ALMA data be used for studying Earth's atmospheric effects?
- How do I determine the total observing time for my solar proposal?
- Where can I find the online ALMA observing simulator developed by the University of Manchester?
- Do I need to specify calibrators for my observation? What are the defaults for Observatory-defined calibration?
- What pwv should I use in my CASA simulations to prepare an ALMA proposal?
- Should I use a mosaic or individual pointings to observe my target(s)?
- Where can I find the configuration files for CASA simulation?
- How do I arrange a visit to one of the ARCs?
- I have a professional affiliation with more than one ALMA region. How do I register so I can submit proposals with different affiliations?
- What is the "Choose ARC" entry on the registration page?
- Who answers my helpdesk ticket?
- Where can I find ALMA documentation and manuals?