Welcome to the ALMA Helpdesk
Access to the NA ALMA Archive will be unavailable on Tuesday May 30, 2023, 17:00 ET due to maintenance. Restart should begin by 8:00 ET on Wednesday May 31 and take ~5-hours.
NAASC Helpdesk Admin
Cycle 10 Proposal call updates
Please check the 'What Cycle 10 Issues and Clarification should I be aware of before submitting my proposal?' Knowledge Base article for recent updates. It was last updated May 3, 2023.
- Where are the ALMA Regional Center (ARC) websites?
- What spectral resolution will I get for a given channel spacing?
- How many individual pointings is my science goal restricted too in my ALMA proposal?
- What is the absolute astrometric accuracy of ALMA?
- Which frequency setup is possible for solar observations?
- How do I load my own image into the ALMA Observing Tool (OT)?
- How can I use the OT to observe ephemeris objects?
- What should I specify for "Largest Angular Structure in source" in the OT?
- How will users be notified when a new version of the OT is available?
- What is the difference between a source and a pointing in the OT?
- I've downloaded the ALMA Proposal Template (LaTeX format). How do I convert it to letter size?
- May I submit an identical proposal to more than one category, e.g. submitting a proposal on distant galaxies both to cosmology and to galaxy categories?
- Why have I not received email notification for some or all of my Proposals?
- What is dual-anonymous peer review and how do I adhere to it?
- What is distributed peer review process and how does it work?
- Why are data binned (averaged) by task cvel so noisy?
- Why are flux scaling and restoring beam calculations in the task clean incorrect?
- Why must I justify data rates higher than 40 MB/s in my Cycle 4 Technical Justification?
- What should I do if scriptForPI breaks at scriptForImagingPrep step due to an error?
- What is a Cycle 7 Solar data issue I should be aware of?
- What are the frequency reference frames in CASA?
- How should I create and use my own Observatories table when an observatory is not known to CASA?
- What primary beam does CASA use for ALMA 12-m antennas? And what is the actual ALMA 12-m antenna primary beam, for that matter?
- Why does scriptForPI.py crash with NameError: name 'hif_restoredata' is not defined ?
- How do I recreate Pipeline-calibrated Total Power Data?
- Does the sensitivity calculator account for shadowing?
- Does Simobserve account for both polarizations when simulating continuum observations?
- What are the limits on observing multiple lines at edges of the IF or RF band (such as 12CO and 13CO2-1)?
- What is meant by spectral dynamic range?
- Should I submit a proposal for my incomplete project from previous Cycles?
- Where can I find ALMA documentation and manuals?
- How do I update the information for my ALMA Science Portal account?
- What translations will be available for user documentation from ALMA?
- I can't seem to register in the Science Portal! What could be the problem?
- How do I track the observational progress of my project?