Welcome to the new ALMA Helpdesk User Interface!
Please use your email with your ALMA Science Portal password when logging in to view and submit tickets.
Cycle 7 observation suspention and the delay of the Cycle 8 proposal deadline-COVID-19
As stated on the ALMA Science Portal, Due to the COVID-19 outbreak that has spread to Chile, the ALMA Director has made the decision to suspend science operations with ALMA, effective immediately. The plan is to continue providing data processing,...
- I'm having problems setting up an observation of a line transition that is very close to the edge of a sideband. What should I do?
- What do the time estimates in the summary PDF page generated by the OT refer to and how are they calculated?
- How can I reduce my data rates for an observation (and reduce the size of my dataset)?
- How do I specify time constraints in my proposal?
- What should I include for the content of the Technical Justification and in what format should I submit it?
- I've downloaded the ALMA Proposal Template (LaTeX format). How do I convert it to letter size?
- May I submit an identical proposal to more than one category, e.g. submitting a proposal on distant galaxies both to cosmology and to galaxy categories?
- To which category should I submit a proposal on distant galaxies: "cosmology/high-z" or "Galaxies/Nuclei"?
- What should I do if I have an issue with my proposal assessment?
- May I make changes to my project after the proposal review process?
- OT will not start due to a security exception
- What should I do if scriptForPI aborts at the importasdm step with error?
- Why do my data products not include all sources/spectral windows/channels for my project?
- On OSX, why is CASA crashing with references to packages that are installed externally to CASA?
- How do I handle the visibility flagging issues potentially present in the ALMA datasets delivered to PIs up to November 2014?
- How do I obtain a file of calibrated visibilities ("measurement set") for ALMA data?
- How does CASA calculate the visibility weights?
- How do the results of the CASA hanningsmooth task compare with the online Hanning smoothing done by the ALMA correlator?
- What should I do if scriptForPI breaks at scriptForImagingPrep step due to an error?
- Why does scriptForPI.py crash with NameError: name 'hif_restoredata' is not defined ?
- How can I query Splatalogue from IDL or Python?
- How do I deal with targets with unspecified coordinates in the OT?
- How do I model the ALMA primary beam, and how can I use that model to obtain the sensitivity profile for an image mosaic?
- Which frequency setup is possible for solar observations?
- How long can I observe the Sun continuously?
- I can't seem to register in the Science Portal! What could be the problem?
- How do I track the observational progress of my project?
- Where can I see a list of projects or targets that were observed by ALMA on a given date?
- How can I receive email notification of activity on my ALMA proposals?
- How can I get a full list of everything ALMA has observed?