Welcome to the new ALMA Helpdesk User Interface!
Please use your email with your ALMA Science Portal password when logging in to view and submit tickets.
Cycle 7 observation suspention and the delay of the Cycle 8 proposal deadline-COVID-19
As stated on the ALMA Science Portal, Due to the COVID-19 outbreak that has spread to Chile, the ALMA Director has made the decision to suspend science operations with ALMA, effective immediately. The plan is to continue providing data processing,...
- Can I write out the coordinates of OT pointings e.g. to import into Simdata?
- What are the limits on observing multiple lines at edges of the IF or RF band (such as 12CO and 13CO2-1)?
- Why does the OT time estimate stop decreasing as I ask for progressively poorer sensitivity?
- What are some issues I need to be aware of for using the Web Start Observing Tool on my Mac?
- OT Installation on Catalina 10.15.4
- I've downloaded the ALMA Proposal Template (LaTeX format). How do I convert it to letter size?
- May I submit an identical proposal to more than one category, e.g. submitting a proposal on distant galaxies both to cosmology and to galaxy categories?
- To which category should I submit a proposal on distant galaxies: "cosmology/high-z" or "Galaxies/Nuclei"?
- What should I do if I have an issue with my proposal assessment?
- May I make changes to my project after the proposal review process?
- How can I tell from the scripts provided as part of the Cycle 0 data products which version of CASA was used?
- Are there significant differences between versions of CASA after CASA 3.3 that make them incompatible?
- How can I update the data repository copy of my CASA installation?
- How do I combine Cycle 1 and/or 2 MeasurementSets and Images with ones from other cycles (J2000 to ICRS relabeling)?
- Why does beam-area conversion fail in AIPS for fits images exported with CASA?
- How can I improve the speed of my data download from the archive?
- Can I get data for a calibrator even if the dataset they are in is not public?
- I can't access the archive query interface at my ARC, how can I get my data?
- Where can I get additional information for my NA added value data products?
- What are the QA2 requirements for Cycle 7?
- How can I analyze ACA and TP data and combine with 12-m data?
- Where can I find the configuration files for CASA simulation?
- Can I analyze single dish data using CASA?
- How does the new perchanweightdensity parameter in CASA effect my ALMA data?
- What errors could originate from the correlator spectral normalization and Tsys calibration?
- Where can I find a listing of all the observed (or yet to be observed) sources/targets?
- Where can I find the online ALMA observing simulator developed by the University of Manchester?
- What is the measured or expected bandpass stability?
- How do I specify time constraints in my proposal?
- Is it required that simulated ALMA observation results accompany my proposal?
- What type of computer would one need to work with the ALMA data? Can you specify what RAM size and CPU power is needed as a user working with ALMA data?
- How do I arrange a visit to one of the ARCs?
- I have a professional affiliation with more than one ALMA region. How do I register so I can submit proposals with different affiliations?
- What is the "Choose ARC" entry on the registration page?
- Who answers my helpdesk ticket?