Welcome to the new ALMA Helpdesk User Interface!
Please use your email with your ALMA Science Portal password when logging in to view and submit tickets.
Cycle 7 observation suspention and the delay of the Cycle 8 proposal deadline-COVID-19
As stated on the ALMA Science Portal, Due to the COVID-19 outbreak that has spread to Chile, the ALMA Director has made the decision to suspend science operations with ALMA, effective immediately. The plan is to continue providing data processing,...
- How do I load my own image into the ALMA Observing Tool (OT)?
- How can I use the OT to observe ephemeris objects?
- What should I specify for "Largest Angular Structure in source" in the OT?
- How will users be notified when a new version of the OT is available?
- How can I request Atacama Compact Array (ACA) observation time?
- I've downloaded the ALMA Proposal Template (LaTeX format). How do I convert it to letter size?
- May I submit an identical proposal to more than one category, e.g. submitting a proposal on distant galaxies both to cosmology and to galaxy categories?
- To which category should I submit a proposal on distant galaxies: "cosmology/high-z" or "Galaxies/Nuclei"?
- What is the meaning of the code of an ALMA proposal?
- Why have I not received email notification for some or all of my Proposals?
- Why are data binned (averaged) by task cvel so noisy?
- Why are flux scaling and restoring beam calculations in the task clean incorrect?
- Why must I justify data rates higher than 40 MB/s in my Cycle 4 Technical Justification?
- OT will not start due to a security exception
- What should I do if scriptForPI aborts at the importasdm step with error?
- What are the frequency reference frames in CASA?
- How should I create and use my own Observatories table when an observatory is not known to CASA?
- What primary beam does CASA use for ALMA 12-m antennas? And what is the actual ALMA 12-m antenna primary beam, for that matter?
- Why does scriptForPI.py crash with the error No such file or directory: '../rawdata/uid___A002_X12345_X1234.ms.flagversions.tgz?
- What global variables are available in scriptForPI.py?
- How will high time resolution observations be handled with ALMA?
- Where are the ALMA Regional Center (ARC) websites?
- Do I still need a statement on the potential for publicity for my ALMA Proposal?
- How many individual pointings is my science goal restricted too in my ALMA proposal?
- What should my ephemeris file look like?
- Does Simobserve account for both polarizations when simulating continuum observations?
- What are the limits on observing multiple lines at edges of the IF or RF band (such as 12CO and 13CO2-1)?
- How can I simulate observations with multiple configurations?
- Should I submit a proposal for my incomplete project from previous Cycles?
- Can I specify the date on which my observations should be taken or set up a monitoring observation?
- Where can I find ALMA documentation and manuals?
- How do I update the information for my ALMA Science Portal account?
- What translations will be available for user documentation from ALMA?
- I can't seem to register in the Science Portal! What could be the problem?
- How do I track the observational progress of my project?