Welcome to the new ALMA Helpdesk User Interface!
Please use your email with your ALMA Science Portal password when logging in to view and submit tickets.
Cycle 7 observation suspention and the delay of the Cycle 8 proposal deadline-COVID-19
As stated on the ALMA Science Portal, Due to the COVID-19 outbreak that has spread to Chile, the ALMA Director has made the decision to suspend science operations with ALMA, effective immediately. The plan is to continue providing data processing,...
- Why is the OT prompting me for "advanced operations" credentials?
- Can I write out the coordinates of OT pointings e.g. to import into Simdata?
- Should I use a mosaic or individual pointings to observe my target(s)?
- Why does the OT time estimate stop decreasing as I ask for progressively poorer sensitivity?
- Why is the OT is complaining that the text in my PDF is too small?
- I've downloaded the ALMA Proposal Template (LaTeX format). How do I convert it to letter size?
- May I submit an identical proposal to more than one category, e.g. submitting a proposal on distant galaxies both to cosmology and to galaxy categories?
- To which category should I submit a proposal on distant galaxies: "cosmology/high-z" or "Galaxies/Nuclei"?
- What should I do if I have an issue with my proposal assessment?
- May I make changes to my project after the proposal review process?
- How can I tell from the scripts provided as part of the Cycle 0 data products which version of CASA was used?
- Why can't I specify that my source should be unresolved in the OT?
- How can I update the data repository copy of my CASA installation?
- How do I combine Cycle 1 and/or 2 MeasurementSets and Images with ones from other cycles (J2000 to ICRS relabeling)?
- Why does beam-area conversion fail in AIPS for fits images exported with CASA?
- I have a reduced ALMA data product. Can I place that in the ALMA Archive?
- Can I get data for a calibrator even if the dataset they are in is not public?
- I can't access the archive query interface at my ARC, how can I get my data?
- Which browser should I use for pipeline weblog reviews?
- Where can I get additional information for my NA added value data products?
- How can I modify the PYTHONPATH in CASA?
- Where can I find the configuration files for CASA simulation?
- Can I analyze single dish data using CASA?
- Why are the beam size value(s) in the Phase 2 OT different from the requested values in the "Control and Performance" tab?
- How does the new perchanweightdensity parameter in CASA effect my ALMA data?
- The time estimate for an observation of a Solar System Object is higher using the defaults than when I enter the source's expected position. Why is this, and what can I do?
- How can I query the calibrator database that ALMA uses?
- How do I retrieve my ALMA proposal from the archive after it has been submitted?
- If my project was not completed in the current cycle and transferred into the next cycle, what will its ranking be relative to the new proposals?
- What is a role or benefit of being a co-PI?
- Where can I find a listing of all the observed (or yet to be observed) sources/targets?
- May I submit scientifically similar proposals with different targets and PI's?
- What is the measured or expected bandpass stability?
- How do I specify time constraints in my proposal?
- Are there policies specific to Large Programs?
- What type of computer would one need to work with the ALMA data? Can you specify what RAM size and CPU power is needed as a user working with ALMA data?
- How do I arrange a visit to one of the ARCs?
- I have a professional affiliation with more than one ALMA region. How do I register so I can submit proposals with different affiliations?
- What is the "Choose ARC" entry on the registration page?
- What does the stop sign or the "Observing Timed Out" state mean in the SnooPI Project Tracker?