Why can't I download my data?
Posted by Mark Lacy, Last modified by Felix Stoehr on 03 April 2018 01:02 PM
We do recommend the use of the download script for data-download from ALMA. Nevertheless sometimes problems with the data download can occur. Typically an error message "Error code 8" is obtained which translates to "Internal Server Error" and indicates a problem of the ARCs dataPortal server.|
In case you cannot resolve the problem yourself please contact the ALMA Helpdesk.
- Please try to run the download-script again. The downloads will continue from the point they were left off.
- In case an existing download-request has been used, please create a new download-request and try the download again
- Should this not work either, please try to download the data from a different ARC
- EU: almascience.eso.org/aq/
- EA: almascience.nao.ac.jp/aq
- NA: almascience.nrao.edu/aq/
- If none of these work, please try to download the file via 'right click' and 'save link as ...' of your browser or try the Java download manager
- If you are using the ALMA download manager, and Java 7 Update 51 or later, you may see the error "Missing permissions manifest attribute in main jar". See https://help.almascience.org/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/262/0/ot-will-not-start-due-to-a-security-exception for details. We recommend to use the download script instead